IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE FROM LHS:
Beginning Saturday, August 22nd
Our priority is to keep the public, our staff and the pets safe and to better serve you. Our Center is now opened on a limited basis. Thank you for understanding and being patient with us throughout this process.
What does this mean for visitors and adopters?
- We have re-opened our building to serious adopters and fosters only. We are still not able to allow guests to come to visit with the pets or look around. Only customers who are interested in fostering or adopting immediately will be permitted in our Center..
What do I need to do if I am interested in meeting pets at the Center?
To meet with dogs:
- Fill out our adopter profile to tell us a little about what you are looking for (good with other dogs, kids, active, laid back, size, breed etc.) and we will try and recommend pets that would be a good fit. Complete the adopter profile here: http://lynchburghumane.org/animal-listing/dogs/
- Have a few dogs in mind that you would like to meet.
If you are interested in adopting a cat,
- Complete the adopter profile. https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/adopt/LNHS/Cat
- List a few cats that may have caught your eye on our website: http://lynchburghumane.org/animal-listing/cats/
Everyone must complete the adoption profile before coming to the center to meet with any pets. This will help speed up your adoption process and allow us to be prepared to better match you with a pet.
*Please make sure to note if a location is not listed for a pet on our website, this means they are currently in a foster home. If you are interested in meeting with any of these pets, we will need to schedule an appointment at a later time in order to coordinate with the foster parent. To schedule an appointment to meet a foster pet please email [email protected].
What do I do now that I have filled out the profile and picked out pets to meet?
- You will be asked to sign up/check in using WaitWhile with your cell phone and from there you will receive instructions via text message and email with information about your wait time, etc. You can save time by signing up when you are ready to come to our Center. You can view estimated wait times here: https://app.waitwhile.com/l/lynchburghumane
- What if I don’t have a cell phone?
- Please come inside to our front desk and we will get your information and put you in the queue. You will then be directed to wait in your car and we will come out and get you when it is your turn.
How do I sign up to be put in your queue for waitwhile?
- Preferred method – via the waitwhile website: https://app.waitwhile.com/checkin/lynchburghumane
- Text Option: Text “add lynchburghumane [name]” to (415) 702-4476
What happens after I sign up for waitwhile and I am in the queue?
- Once you have been added to the waitlist, you will be given an estimated wait time and the ability to communicate with the staff using a messenger in the WaitWhile app where you have the ability to remove your spot in line if you need to cancel your meeting before your name is called.
- Once a staff member is available to assist you, you will be alerted via text messages. Each guest will have 10 minutes to check in with an adoption counselor after receiving their alert before we will move on to the next customer.
- When you have been alerted of your turn, please enter the building through the front doors and there will be someone at the Front Desk waiting to check you in for your appointment.
- Everyone must complete the adoption profile before coming to the center to meet with any pets. This will help speed up your adoption process and allow us to be prepared to better match you with a pet.
What else should I know?
- You will not be permitted to browse through kennels without a staff member. This is for your safety and the safety of our staff, so we can sanitize any areas upon contact and answer any questions you have about a dog on the spot.
- You will alert a staff member when you are ready to move on to another cat room so we can properly sanitize behind you.
Our staff will be wearing masks and we encourage you to do the same to better protect our staff and customers.
Thank you for your support during this time!