March 17th 2019
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS UPDATE FROM LHS:
We are always thrilled that we are a place where the community wants to come with their families and friends even if they are not coming to adopt or foster, they just want to visit with the pets. However, during this time, we are only operating by appointment and our Center for Pets is closed to the public. We will return to being the community center we are known for being as soon as this situation improves. We must continue adoptions and fostering to save lives and we rely on you all to do it. So we do encourage you to adopt and foster!
We are changing a few things about the way we do adoptions and general operations to help keep everyone safe:
- If you are sick, please do not come to our Center.
- We are gladly accepting material donations – but will have a designated place to leave the donations outside our front door. If you have a monetary donation, please come in or you can donate online.
- We are only intaking stray animals. If you need to surrender your owned pet, please visit our website here.
- Our preferred payment method during this time is debit/credit cards rather than cash payments (as always, we do not accept checks as a form of payment).
- We are only processing fosters and foster to adopts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in fostering.
- You may email email@example.com if you are interested in adopting a pet our of foster!
Please consider adopting or fostering! If you are home, why not be home with a pet!
Fostering during Covid-19
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, LHS is looking for short-term fosters for our adult resident shelter pets! We are calling these emergency fosters “Extended Stay Petcations”. Petcations not only benefit the pets as they get a break from the stresses of the center, they also bring you the love & companionship only a pet can give! You also aid your community by allowing LHS to be prepared to accommodate the needs of the community as this global situation continues to develop. With just over 200 pets in our building needing our daily care and cleaning, we hope to place as many pets as possible into these petcations as a precaution incase of further quarantines limiting staff and operations.
If you are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org . You will need to fill out some paperwork and provide a photo ID. We will discuss setting a return date or a “check-in” date depending on your availability. Length of foster depends on your availability and the center’s needs as we can’t say how long this will last. LHS will provide you with basic supplies, so fostering is not a financial commitment!
You do not have to be a previous foster to take an adult pet on an Extended Stay Petcation! If you are interested in fostering pets other than adult cats or dogs, please fill out the application to foster here!
For more information on fostering or questions about eligable pets please email our Community Pet Coordinator at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support during this time!