There are many opportunities to volunteer with us for individuals 16 years or older.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us with the following jobs:
- Dog Walkers
- Dog Adoption attendants
- Cat Adoption attendants
- Pet Care assistance
- Adoption desk assistance
- Front desk assistance
- Organizing Donations
- Education/Children’s Events assistance
- Adoption events assistance
- And more!
Volunteer Training Fee
As part of the volunteer application process, we require a one-time volunteer training fee of $10 to help offset the costs of administrative processing, training materials, applicable background check fees, your volunteer uniform, volunteer program maintenance, and other costs that leave a footprint in our finances so more can go toward animal care. We hope it is a small price to pay for wagging tails, sloppy kisses, purrs, and warm feelings every time you volunteer! For your convenience you can pay your volunteer fee online.
Volunteers also receive 10% off all purchases in our retail store in addition to continued educational opportunities at Lynchburg Humane Society.
- Fill out this application
- Pay $10 volunteer fee
- Complete your Digital Orientation under the Profile -> Training section of your MyImpact Dashboard
- Sign up for a First Day Shift to receive your lanyard, take a tour, and ask any questions before starting.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for an upcoming orientation