Parents’ Night Out
On one Friday each month parents can drop of their kids ages 5-12 from 6-9 pm and enjoy a night out. Each night will include different activities such as BINGO, Pet Jeopardy, crafts, and treats like Oreo truffles! Of course, there will be time for your child/children to play with the pets. So sign them up, and plan your date night! It is just $20 for one child and $15 for each additional sibling.
- January 10th – Making snowflakes, pin the scarf on the puppy, and marshmallow snowmen
- February 14th – Making Valentine’s cards for our pets, sweet treats, and kitty cuddles
- March 20th – Leprechaun games, spreading luck to the animals, and rainbow crafts
- April 3rd – Kitten BINGO, finger painting, and making dog treats
- May 15th – Scavenger hunt, story time with pets, and animals masks
- August 21st – Outdoor games, making pupsicles, and cold treats
- September 18th – Minute To Win It, “Mud and Worms” snacks, and making art for the shelter
- October 30th – Spooky snacks, Halloween costume contest, painting pumpkins
- November 20th – Oreo turkeys, thanksgiving crafts, and giving special treats to the pets
- December 11th – Jingle Bell cat toys, cookies, and warm snuggles with pets
Spring Break Camp Happiness
Spring Break Camp will be back in 2020! It will be a good time full of special guests (the human kind & animal kind), lessons on pet care, games, crafts, snacks & more!
Spring Break Camp 2020 will be April 13th – 17th from 8AM-5PM each day!
You can register your child(ren) here!
School Field Trips
School groups are welcome to visit, tour, do fun crafts and learn about the humane society. The Center for Pets can accommodate any size group.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and set up a trip today! What a great way to educate kids on pets and the world we all live in. We ask for a fee of $3 per child to cover the costs of supplies ($5 per child for groups larger than 30).
Summer Camp Happiness
Summer Camp Happiness will be in session for 2020!
Each week we will have guest speakers, crafts, games, volunteer activities, snacks, playtime with pets and special animal guests. Our guests have included everyone from the Lynchburg Hillcats baseball team to miniature ponies and talking parrots! This is one camp your kids will be talking about all summer long!
We offer several weeks of summer camp for kids age 5-12. The full weekly cost to attend is $245 for one child and $210 per additional siblings – that includes all the wonderful things we have planned for your child PLUS a Camp Happiness t-shirt!
Summer 2020 Camp Dates:
- Week 1: June 1st – 5th
- Week 2: June 8th – 12th
- Week 3: June 22nd – 26th
- Week 4: July 6th – 10th
- Week 5: July 13th – 17th
- Week 6: July 20th – 24th
Camp is held from 8AM-5PM each day.
Sign up for Summer Camp Happiness here!
Find Birthday Happiness
Have your next birthday at the Lynchburg Humane Society
For questions you can contact email@example.com
Anytime we are open you and your children can stop by and read to the dogs and cats. We have a handy reading wagon filled with lots a fun books. They get to practice reading and the pets really enjoy the company. It is a Win Win for everyone. Just ask about our reading wagon at the front desk. Book donations are always welcome.